In the modern digital era of today, cybersecurity is paramount in any given business or organization. Companies must find ways and means to protect their computer devices, systems, and networks because they will want to stay away from becoming a victim of cyberattacks, such as phishing, identity theft, digital scams, and online fraud. Not only will all these situations compromise their companies, but these can also lead to their business shut down.
However, the global restrictions due to the global pandemic of COVID-19 have led to some digital problems. As companies were forced to have their employees work remotely, cyberattack issues have surfaced, and companies must come in prepared and ready to counteract them.
In this article, we will discuss four cybersecurity threats that businesses are facing in 2021 and how you can protect your business from them.
Four cybersecurity threats this 2021
Let’s first take a look at some cybersecurity threats your business might be facing. Be wary of the following:
- Ransomware attacks to remote work: Ransomware utilizes malware that encrypts a victim’s files, where the attacker demands a ransom from the victim before restoring access to the data. This form of cyber-extortion has been seen to have escalated the past few months due to remote work.
- Cyber attacks on senior employees: When it comes to cyberattacks, senior employees are often the most vulnerable to these. Unfortunately, the latest report shows that cybercriminals are targeting senior employees, such as c-suite staff members and high-ranking individuals, because they may lack technological knowledge.
- Cybersecurity threats brought by automation: While various perks come with automation, such as overall efficiency and business productivity, some cyber threats have started to arise from this. In fact, online hackers have started using automation as well to attack business networks and systems.
- Social media threats: There’s no denying that social media has become powerful now more than ever, as these channels are where people and businesses converge and interact with each other. Unfortunately, cybercriminals are using these digital channels to victimize individuals and companies, whether on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, or LinkedIn.
How to protect your business from cybersecurity threats
If you’re looking to protect your company from cybersecurity threats, here are a few steps you must take:
- Be sure to update your software and apps regularly.
- Install and update antivirus and cybersecurity software.
- Have your IT team consistently monitor your systems and networks.
- Restrict access to confidential data and information.
- Utilize encryption for sensitive business data and information.
- Secure all wireless access points and networks.
- Educate and train your staff on cyberattacks and security measures.
- Set online security measures and ensure employees strictly follow them.
- Install surge protectors and uninterrupted power supplies.
- Dispose of old and outdated computer devices and media.
If you want to further protect your business from cyberattacks, we’ve got you covered with our cybersecurity solutions! As an IT service company, we provide IT support services to businesses local to North Texas, DFW Metroplex.
At this point, you now know that new forms of cybersecurity attacks are inevitable, especially in 2021. For this reason, you must follow the valuable cybersecurity tips outlined above. By doing so, you’ll be able to protect your business and ultimately ensure that it will continue to thrive and flourish amid any challenges!
Here at On-Site PC Services, we provide on-site IT services in Dallas, such as cloud sync services, cyber data security, exchange hosting services, hands-off IT services, hardware and daily backups, and remote support and monitoring. Connect with us today to get a free assessment!